Saturday, February 16, 2008

Keeping your mind fresh.

Like I said earlier, writing at long stretches can be quite taxing on the mind and it is equally important to take care of oneself as it is to take care of one's written work.
I have to write thousands of words every day, almost seven days a week without a break. I have found a remedy though that helps me to be more productive and enjoy what I dfo more. I take regular short breaks dusring the day, either to take a walk, do some exercise, sit and chat with family or do another task that needs doing of a manual nature. This way I can ensure that my writing is always fresh and I can perform and do the work in hand that is needed for the day. In the past I used to work long non stop stretches that were not only damaging to my eyes, but also lowered my work performance and morale. This led me to be very chaotic and unorganized in my work, thus making me lose focus and getting only half of the work done.

No comments: