Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Write Your Novel Step By Step (Part 10)

This is going to be the tenth excerpt on writing your novel. I am going to try and put these editions out as quickly as I can but that is only when time allows. I love writing and that is what I am doing all the time. Am I a good writer? I don’t know. What I do know is that I am getting to be a better writer with every word I put on paper and you too can become a good writer. To write your novel just follow these steps that I am laying out and at the end you will have something that at least you are proud of.

46. You Will Get Tired

There is going to be days that you are exhausted. I love writing and it is my passion but some days you do wonder why you are putting yourself through the mental exhaustion. Not only do you have to develop the story but you also have to live the characters. So if your main character is a murdering trapeze artist then that’s what you become in your mind. Writing is extremely harder than my day job but my passion is stronger for writing. Just like anything else you have quitting days but I get up the next day and again I am excited.

47. Numbers Don’t Matter

I am going to warn you right now not to try and figure out how much money you’re going to make on your book. First of all if you’re doing it for the money then you better quit right now because you are not going to make a red cent. The first rule is right for passion and everything else will fall into place. Too many people read how to get their book published before they even have the first paragraph on paper. And to be totally honest with you there is a good chance your book never gets to market but that brings us back to writing for passion. I love writing and firstly that’s the only reason I do it.

48. Don’t Let No One Stand In Your Way

I never listened to anybodies negative comments. And if you do your book will never get done. Persistence is the secret. In fact negative comments make me work harder. They give me the drive to succeed. Most of the time the negative people are just jealous because they don’t have what you have, the drive and persistence.

49. Do Something Else

You have to do something to get yourself away from your writing. Not only will this rest your mind but it will open up a whole new pot of ideas. My get away is fishing. There is an old saying. “A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.” That is so true. I go fishing and my mind leaves everything else in my office. When I get back to work I am usually ten times productive and everything is clearer.

50. You’re Number One

I want you to always remember that. Writers are a dyeing breed so it’s up to you to make sure they don’t go extinct. I always want you to think that you are the best. No one is going to tell you that so take it upon yourself to believe it. You are a writer, an artist. What you do with your words is incredible. I don’t care if no one ever reads your work it’s still the same at the end of the day.

I know a lot of this seems like its going no where but trust me I write this from experience. Writing a book is no easy task. I wish someone would have helped me out like this when I first started writing. I will tell you one thing. Now this relates to me and it could to you but you have to want it to. No matter how hard the writing got I never disliked it. I still love writing and maybe this is a pipe dream but I hope to be able to retire and live totally off the money I earn from writing. Okay this is the end of lesson 10. I hope you are enjoying it so far. I also hope you are taking advantage of the opportunity to print this out because if all goes well I will make this into an e book so take advantage of it free.

Dale Mazurek

Dale is presently in the process of getting his first novel published. He has also started dabbling in short stories. You can find some of these on his blog at http://stcajo-readshortstories.blogspot.com/ and lastly he deals a little in the affiliate marketing gig which can be checked out at http://affiliatemarketingfornewbies.blogspot.com/

In writing my novel I learnt a lot of things the hard way so I just wanted to put this series out there for would be writers to help them on their path to writing their own book.

No comments: