Thursday, March 1, 2007

Write Your Novel Step By Step (Part 2)

This is going to be the second excerpt on writing your novel. I am going to try and put these editions out as quickly as I can but that is only when time allows. I love writing and that is what I am doing all the time. Am I a good writer? I don’t know. What I do know is that I am getting to be a better writer with every word I put on paper and you too can become a good writer. To write your novel just follow these steps that I am laying out and at the end you will have something that at least you are proud of.

6. Map Your Story

Take one of your favorite novels and analyze it. Tear it apart piece by piece. See what the author did to achieve his success. Make notes and make blue prints. If you have an office then pin them up in there if you don’t then pin them up where ever you’re going to be writing your novel. You can then go back and use this author’s ways as a stepping stone.

7. Think Small

Way too many first time writers think they are going to write the end of the world novel. Your story can be small and focused and it will be just as successful. Make sure what ever you are writing about has meaning to you. If you relate that on paper then the people that are reading it will get the same meaning out of it.

8. Be Original

Even though your blue print might be from another author try some things your self. Remember this blue print is just a guide. It can be easily swayed from or changed. Keep trying different things until you find the thing that works for you. You might be surprised at what you come up with.

9. It Doesn’t Matter If It Belongs, Write It

Just write. If it doesn’t look like it belongs there then so what. Pin that up in your office to. You obviously had a reason for writing it and it may fit somewhere else in your book. And on the off chance it never makes it in to your story than so what maybe it will make it in to the next one. What I am saying is don’t throw stuff away.

10. You Don’t Have To Know To Love

While we are still on the subject of picking a topic for your book I want you to be able to differentiate over something. To write a book you don’t have to be an expert. You have to love what you are writing about. The expertise comes in the form of research. Remember passion will get your words out better than knowing. You’re writing a novel not a technical book. You may be in enthralled with WW1 but know nothing about it. That’s great because you will do some research, learn and write a pasionate novel.
Okay this is the end of my second lesson on my step by step series on how to write a novel. Remember not everyone is going to write the perfect novel but at the end of the day if you keep following these steps I guarantee no matter what you will have something that you are proud of.

Dale Mazurek

Dale is presently in the process of getting his first novel published. He has also started dabbling in short stories. You can find some of these on his blog at http://stcajo-readshortstories.blogspot.com/ And lastly he deals a little in the affiliate marketing gig which can be checked out at http://www.7dayebook.com/?hop=stcajo orhttp://stcajo.profitlan.hop.clickbank.net You can also contact him at stcajo2011@yahoo for any info on his writing or products.

In writing my novel I learnt a lot of things the hard way so I just wanted to put this series out there for would be writers to help them on their path to writing their own book.

No comments: